Friday, February 27, 2009

Semi-Productive

The last few days have been rather productive for me. Not in the sense of my site, or even working on new comics--or the two guest comics I agreed to do--but I made some significant headway on my novel. It really is starting to shape up into something halfway readable.

In order to work on it, I've had to cut away all distractions, just hole myself up in my room, and pray for the ability to focus. And it's working, slowly, yes, but working.

It just bugs me that I waste so much of my time on worthless interweb sites. Amusing they may be, but they don't fulfill my soul, not the way that creating does.

One of my friends recently started recording music again, and commented that he hadn't felt this good in a long time. I have to agree that creating something, anything, has a beautiful satisfaction to it that can't be replicated by any other means.

I have no idea what you're into, what makes you feel worthwhile and at rest, but take the time to lock yourself in your garage to weld that new sculpture, hid under the stairs and crochet until your heart stops, and sweat over the stove as the aroma of your latest concoction fills the area. Create. Feed your soul.

No comments: