Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Not the Watchmen Review You Were Hoping For

And is that surprising? Really?

Mostly, this is because I figured that everyone and their pet python would be writing such a review. Sure, I could add my voice to the whole debate on whether or not it is a worthwhile film, but it's going to boil down to the same crap Joe Comicface said on Thursday night after seeing the midnight viewing.

Really, why I think you should see this film is this: It is a message pertinent to our dark times. We don't even realize how self-destructive our society is, and things are just going to get worse. In the end, the only thing that will bring us together, that we as a people can do, is our fear of something outside and too strong for us to deal with as an entire world. Which, to me, is sad, that it'll be our fear of extinction that finally brings us together and not simply each of us reaching out to someone in need. And I'm just as, if not more so, guilty.

No comments: