Friday, April 10, 2009

Beetlejuice, Guest Comic, and Thesis

As you may or may not remember from an earlier post, I've signed up and have been working on Artist Trading Cards. One such swap that I'm signed up for and participating in is a Tim Burton swap. Being a huge fan, I wanted to join in the fun.

After seeing what some of the others have submitted as their cards, I was noticing something rather startling: a lack of Beetlejuice characters. So I rewatched the film to get some ideas for my cards. I can't say that the film has aged well, but even as a kid I remember thinking that Michael Keaton did a great job as the ghost with the most. Seriously, this is one of the most-underated performances, right up there with Jeff Bridges' The Dude in The Big Lebowski. Keaton's voice changes, general zaniness, and random gropings make it hard to even recognize that this is the same guy that played Bruce Wayne. Good stuff, Mr. Keaton, good stuff.

In other news, I produced a comic for Michael Elder's Lost in Thought. He is the fine artist/writer that gave me yesterday's guest comic. It's a bit of a swap, and a partial payment for all his help in designing the new site for Gibberish. I plan on doing more for him too, as his characters and storyline offer up all sorts of gibberish-esque goodness. Plus, I've forgotten how much I enjoy working with multiple panels.

And lastly, my thesis is seriously one step away from being done. Once I encorporate the final changes from my mentor, it is off to my second reader, then off to the binder. And the best part is, is that this means my novel is also one step away from being finished. So be wary all you literary agents and publishers, awesomeness is on the way.

No comments: