Monday, April 13, 2009

Exhausting Weekend

I've never really thought about how draining it is to hang around with people you only have a little bit in common with for an extended period of time.

Some in-laws came to visit this weekend, and while they are good people, we don't really click on every level. Had this just been an afternoon visit, or even a full day, I don't think it would've been so awkward, as by the second day, both my wife and I felt the strain of keeping the conversation going. This was only compounded by the fact that a sick baby was also on the loose. All of these things basically added up to a weekend of bad sleep, awkward silences, and a glimpse to what it will/might be like if and when we have a child.

That being said, we still got a few good games of Catan in, including a few ventures with our new Seafarers Expansion. (I swear, those game pieces must have nicotine that releases with every touch. You get to where you need your Catan fix.) Also, I finished my cards for the Tim Burton swap for the Artist Trading Card thingummy I participate in. I meant to post them, but I ran out of time to scan them. They'll probably post on Wednesday.

In the meantime, Gibberish tomorrow.

1 comment:

The Book of Drewsus said...

I know what you mean brother--I felt the same way this weekend hanging out with my family. Thank god I have my nephews who like to watch/make fun of a Cops marathon and throw things at each other. If I was forced to play dominoes with all the "olders" I'm sure I would have passed out from mental exhaustion.

BTW-I'll get to your question in this weeks podcast about apocalypse and all that good stuff. I have some ideas spinning in the old wheel house that is fuggin' crazy.