Monday, April 20, 2009

Gardening and Gaming

My wife and I started our garden yesterday. We made a trip to our local Mennard's and bought all the yard equipment that we didn't own to help us make our outside area look mildly presentable. Mostly, we did a lot of cleaning up, as there were still many a dead leaves and sticks leftover from the windy days and Fall. Plus, our small patch designated as our "garden" was in quite a state. I spent most of my time outside tilling the ground and avoiding stabbing our cats--as they were enamored with the random patches of catsnip growing in the garden area. Within the next few weeks, we'll be starting our different plantings. We've got cucumbers, corn, watermelon, pumpkins, green beans, spinach, carrots, tomatos, and some spices. I'm especially looking forward to the fresh basil. Mmmmm.... basil...

In other news, I got my acceptance to the FreeRealms beta yesterday. I poked around their little world for about an hour, maybe, and it seems alright. It's definately aimed at a younger age group, and overall, it is kinda stupid (though I did get to turn into a big monster, which is just my kind of stupid.) It might be worth a look. And it's free, so there's not much to argue with. Perhaps it will be more fun in a group. But until my friends join, I doubt I'll be playing all that much.

Gibberish tomorrow, and be expecting something rather bizarre this week.

No comments: