Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The Internets Never Cease to Amaze Me

I've always known that there are a ton of tutorials out there, especially on YouTube, but I've never really taken any time to try and watch any of them. I've been remedying that recently, and holy crap, there is a lot of good stuff out there. Especially by way of painting/coloring in PhotoShop and like programs. I've particularly enjoyed ones by www.idrawgirls.com. This guy might be a bit confusing to listen to--as he often seems to forget to narrate as his painting is playing out--but just watching him is inspiring and gives all sorts of good ideas.

Also, I discovered this collective of people documenting the zombie apocalypse. Lost Zombies is what it's called, and it seems like a cool project to be a part of. If I didn't already have so much on my plate, I'd love to contribute. And even if the theme of zombies doesn't float your boat, you have to appreciate the general idea/structure of the thing.

To me, this is what the internet is all about, sharing info, the cool stuff that you've learned, and working together to create something truly awesome and could never have been accomplished without a communication device such as this. Truly, we all need to get over ourselves and start more collective/collaboration projects.

Any ideas?

1 comment:

Prindle said...

There's always the play we've talked about. And the book. And the choreography for the interpretive dancing we could do for Bon Jovi songs. And the many performance art pieces that reflect the shattering of souls after witnessing the atrocity that is Happy Feet.