Monday, August 3, 2009

Graduation Back to Real Life

According to the world, I now have a master's degree. What this will do for me, I still don't have a finalized answer, but I think it's pretty cool to be a "master" of something.

Everyone keeps asking me if I feel any different, but of course, I don't. After working on something for two years and growing on a daily basis, it's nothing more than changing from 15 to 16, or 20 to 21--the feeling doesn't change, simply the opportunities. Plus, my former (though I will forever clam her as mine) mentor demanded that I send my novel back to the agent by the end of the month. So, perhaps sometime in December there will be some more news on the novel front. Until then though, you can kill some of your time over at Bring the Ink, reading all the gloriousness it has to offer.

Of course, my day job and regular obligations won't wait for me to--you know--ease back into real life. Work is already at full force and will continue to be so until Thursday. Bleh.

As this is the case, I don't have much time today, but I'll try and have a few mini movie reviews on Wednesday, and there will be Gibberish tomorrow.

But before I go, I just want to take another moment to thank all of the Gibberish Guest appearances. Gregg Paulson, Aaron Stueve, Byron Rempel, Scott Aleric, Matt Stout, and Erik Jagger, you are all super-cool folk, and I enjoyed working with you and seeing your take on my oddball comic. Hopefully we can work together in the future.

No comments: