Wednesday, November 4, 2009

A Story of Mine Will Be Available for You to Read

Yesterday, I had another story picked up, this time by Pear Noir!. It will appear in their forthcoming, Issue #3 that comes out in January. You should pre-order it now, because it will make them happy for purchasing it, and it will make me happy because I know that you will at least have pretended to read it. Truly, it looks like it will be a mighty fine mag, as they have a nice list of rather notable folks appearing in it. I feel quite honored to be a part of such a publication. Plus, it has the added bonus of renewing my hope that I'm not just wasting my time pursuing a career in writing.

Also, I started NaNoWriMo again this year. Not exactly sure if I'll be able to keep up and hit the 50,000, but it will be a much needed push to write more everyday, and hopefully wrap up a few projects I'm in the midst of. If all goes well, I will indeed have a first draft of my new novel finished by the end of the month.

Other than that, the only news I have is my (re)iteration of moving the comics of Gibberish exclusively to the site. I realize less people will probably come here to read my ramblings, but it will drive that site's hits up, and that is a good thing. In place of Gibberish, I'm thinking of devoting Tuesdays and Thursdays to quoting particularly nice writing from stories and novels and poems and random words thrown about. I am a sucker for beautiful words that sound even more beautiful when read aloud. If you would like to point me to some of these, or send me your favorite passages from novels, I will try to feature them.

For now though, Gibberish will continue on its regular schedule, and that means tomorrow.

No comments: